The FLEXspace team will be presenting a full day pre-conference workshop at EDUCAUSE 2018!
Here is the preliminary description, with final details coming soon.
Track: Leading and Partnering Across the Institution
Description: The workshop will share a proven process on successful integrated learning space planning, project execution and assessment. Participants will ideally come to the workshop prepared to upload photographs and detailed attributes of a space targeted for renovation, or to document a recently completed innovative space. We will begin the workshop with a case study reviewing the planning pathway (and “lessons learned”).
Each individual will work on a plan guided by worksheets to draft principles and plans specific their campus needs. This will include:
- 1) how to identify and engage the right campus stakeholders to ensure successful project “buy in” and subsequent advocacy,
- 2) use of the Learning Space Rating System (LSRS) to create a foundation for a campus learning space master plan,
- 3) establish guiding principles at the project level, and
- 4) use of FLEXspace to benchmark and build consensus of room attributes to support the intended pedagogical need, and
- 5) how to engage and present outcomes to external contractors and architects.
The workshop will conclude by outlining an action plan to match stakeholders (facilities planners, faculty, AV/IT and academic technologists) with a broader community to support their unique project expertise, including research tools and best practices for gathering data on the effectiveness of the space once complete. Following the workshop experience, participants will be invited to continue sharing their plans and experience through several key support initiatives available in the FLEXspace portal and with key partners (ELI, SCUP, CCUMC, LSC, UBTech, InfoComm, ISTE, A4LE and others). There will be emphasis on “closing the loop” with how the practices presented were executed over the following year.
Hope to see you there!