The FLEXspace initiative is a large collaborative effort including:
- Management staff
- Core advisory board
- Industry advisory council
- Research and evaluation working group – NEW in 2018
Please contact us if you’d like to get involved!
Core Team Members
The Core Team has been active since early 2012 in working to envision a sustainable FLEXspace resource for the global higher education community.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with the FLEXspace Core Team members directly.
Coalition for Networked Information
The Independent Colleges Office
Learning Spaces Collaboratory
ISTE Learning Space Network
Program Director and Assistant Professor, Educational Technology
The University of Arizona South
Charles Sturt U., Australia
IEEE Ed Tech Associate Editor
FLEXspace Research & Evaluation Working Group (FREWG)
Please click here to learn more about the FREWG.
Foundational Working Groups
These teams provided tremendous mindshare and time to getting FLEXspace off the ground.
Please contact us for more information about joining the FLEXspace core team or working groups.
A/V Integration Team
Team is tasked with reviewing and modifying existing audio-video taxonomy to ensure that classroom media and A/V integration fields are properly separated from facilities fields, and that all baseline information is correct.
Facilities Integration Team
The Facilities Integration Team is tasked with reviewing and modifying existing facilities and construction taxonomy fields to ensure that descriptions are properly separated from A/V integration fields, and that all baseline information is correct.
Learning Spaces Typology & Assessment Team
The Learning Spaces Typology & Assessment Team is tasked with creating and modifying existing learning space classifications and related fields to ensure a common understanding of space descriptions. This team will also develop an assessment method (or rubrics) to measure the pedagogical effectiveness of the learning space type.
Peer Review Team
The Peer Review Team is tasked with adapting the MERLOT boilerplate material and methods of Open Access peer review to the FLEXspace collection. This includes development of policy and licensing guidelines, and API exploration to share data between content systems.
The Partnership Team is tasked with development and outreach to potential partners to establish long term service support. This team will coordinate closely with the Governance Team, and also draft a marketing and communications plan.
The Governance Team is tasked with drafting Bylaws and developing the core team transition plan. It includes identification of legal necessities (contracts), integrates partnership recommendations into guiding documents and assists with marketing and communications planning.
Taxonomy Review & Contributors
- Clare van den Blink – Cornell University (Core Lead)
- Doug Willen – Swarthmore College
- Joan Lippincott – Coalition Network Info.
- Linda Kendall Knox – University of Michigan
- Dana Gierdowski – North Carolina State University
- Brad Snyder – SUNY Cortland (Core Lead)
- Charles Minihan – Emory University
- Beth Fellendorf – University at Buffalo
- Lori Swinney – University of North Dakota
- Mark McCallister – University of Florida
- John Pfeffer – University at at Buffalo
- Jim Twetten – Iowa State University
- Laurie Yarnes – University at Buffalo
- Terry Calhoun – SCUP (Core Lead)
- Claire Turcotte – SCUP
- Ira Fink – Ira Fink and Associates
- Persis Rickes – Rickes Associates Inc.
- Shirley Dugdale – Dugdale Strategy, LLC
- Scott Shader – University of Mass Med School – Worcester
- Valarie Avalone – Monroe Community College (SUNY)
- Daniel K.Paulien – Paulien & Associates, Inc.
- Fran Gast – RI School Design (RISD) Ret.
- Ludmilla Pavlova-Gillham – University of Mass – Amherst
- Lennie Scott-Webber – Steelcase Inc.
- Michael Hites – University of Illinois
- SUNY FACT2 Learning Environments Task Group – (2011)
- David Lavallee, SUNY Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost, (Partner)
- Joseph Moreau, Chief Technology Officer, Oswego, Chair
- Lisa Stephens, Associate Director of Academic Services, University at Buffalo (FACT2 Chair)
- Joan Getman, Sr. Strategist for Learning Technologies, Cornell
- Greg Bronson, Project Lead, Cornell
- Graham Glynn, Assistant Provost, Stony Brook
- Wayne Jones, Chemistry Department Chair, Binghamton
- Mark McBride, Instructional Support, Buffalo State College
- Terry Calhoun, Director, Media Relations and Publications, Society for College and University Planning (SCUP) (ret.)
- Clare van den Blink, Former Vice President of Information Technology and CIO, Pace University
- Megan Marler, Artstor