User Guides / Creating Sets of Records
Using “sets” is a great way to organize the records that you upload for a particular room or space. You can create a SET of files for a particular space to easily organize and find all records associated with one particular room, or all the rooms at your institution.
- See all sets in the left hand window
For example, you might create a Set for “SDSU Room 1122,” and “SDSU Room 1020” and so on. Then you might create a set for “All rooms at SDSU.”
TIP: you can make changes to all records in the set at once. See how below.
Create a Set:
- Select records from the asset panel, control-click or shift-click to select multiple records; click Add to New Set in the Selection Options menu. OR select records then right-click and choose Add to New Set.
- A new window will open where you can enter a name for the set and a description of the set.
- Choose to make the set either Private, Restricted, or Shared.
- When you have made your selection, click Create.
Set permissions dictate who may view and/or edit a set. All sets can be accessed by administrators, regardless of restriction. Catalogers and administrators may narrow a list of sets down via the sets panel by selecting and deselecting the permission icons.
Private- viewable and editable only by you.
Restricted- viewable and editable by you and those you assign to it, selectable by a drop down menu of user accounts.
Shared- viewable by anyone with access to the project. Shared sets can be edited by both the set creator and users with administrator privileges.
Delete a Set:
- Select the set you wish to delete then right-click on it. OR click the gear menu above the sets panel.
- In the options menu, select Delete.
- Because sets act like folders, deleting a set will not delete any records from the project. Only the grouping of those records will be deleted.
Edit the Set:
- Select the set you wish to edit, then right-click on it in the left panel. OR click on the gear menu above the sets panel. OR click on the Set Options button to the right above the asset panel.
- In the options menu, select Edit Set.
- A new dialog window will open where you can edit the set name, description, and permissions.
Add records to a Set:
Select records from the asset panel and then add them to a set using one of the following four methods.
- Click Add to Existing Set in the Options banner above your asset panel. In the window dialog box, choose a set name, and then click Assign Assets.
- OR drag and drop selected records from the asset panel into the set name in the left panel.
- OR right-click on the selected records and choose Add to Existing Set. In the window dialog box, choose a set name, and then click Assign Assets.
- OR upload files directly to a set by selecting the project and then selecting the set in the panel on the left, and then click the Upload button above the asset panel.
Make cataloging changes to an entire Set:
- Select the set you wish to edit all the records within by clicking once on the set name.
- In the options banner above the asset panel, click Edit all.
- After confirming your bulk edit, the set of records will open in a bulk edit tab. The SSID banner will list how many records you are editing.
- Make cataloging changes, then click Save or Save & Close above the media window. Edits to the data will be reflected in the entire set of records.