What is FLEXspace?
FLEXspace – The Flexible Learning Environments eXchange – is a community and a robust collection of learning space examples contributed by academic institutions and industry partners from around the world.
By logging into the FLEXspace portal, you’ll be able to search and contribute to a collection of detailed learning space examples, tools and resources, idea boards, and a community discussion forum.
Use FLEXspace to…
- Save time, money, and effort as you plan and design spaces
- View model spaces for inspiration
- Gain insight on learning space trends
- Get advice from experts
- Showcase spaces to gain recognition & help others
- Catalog spaces in one central collection
- Create a project workspace and invite others to collaborate
Robust features you can access from any device:
- Search & filter all spaces or browse curated galleries of learning space examples and resources hand-picked by the FLEXspace editorial teams.
- Save and organize your favorite spaces
- Showcase and share spaces
- Take inventory of spaces to prioritize projects
- Add collaborators to your spaces to co-edit details with your team and stakeholders
- Post questions, comments, suggestions or kudos in the community forum
- Browse institution and partner pages
Take a look
- See What’s New in FLEXspace 2.0. Learn more about what you can today and coming soon.
- Browse Spaces in the Spotlight. Take a look at these image collections contributed from campuses and partners. (for the full portal and collection, you’ll need to sign in)
- Learn more About Us – the evolution of FLEXspace, our core team and new research working group
- Request an Account or Sign In to start using the FLEXspace portal today!
Help us grow and thrive!
- Follow our blog and social media @FLEXspaceorg
- Spread the word! Invite others to join!
See what FLEXspace members are saying
We would love to add information about our spaces to the new FLEXspace system. I have seen it and I like it much more than the old one. Thanks!
The CSU has an initiative for Makerspaces and it would be great to have a collection of makerspaces in FLEXspace so we can showcase the CSU’s makerspaces, including getting them catalogued.
We’re interested in using FLEXspace to explore how peer institutions are transforming their learning spaces to best support 21st century learning and teaching. The FLEXspace portal allows us to discover and share new ideas that will aid in planning for future renovations. We also plan to showcase some of our recent learning space projects to share our efforts with other institutions.
The new website looks really nice, and FLEXspace is a great resource. I’m eager for the new tool to be up and running. I want to include a room which I designed here at UW-Madison in the gallery, and update my FLEXspace profile. Nice work!
I have admired FLEXspace from afar and wanted to create something for K-12, so not having to recreate the wheel is fantastic.
I was so impressed with FLEXspace at SCUP in Vancouver – My new learning spaces subcommittee is anxious to host you to describe the benefits of both FLEXspace, LSRS and emerging research!